Nevada Conservation League & Education Fund- Development Coordinator (2.10.2012)
The Nevada Conservation League (NCL) works to turn conservation values into priorities for our state. NCL is the independent political voice for Nevada’s environment. We work to elect conservation-minded candidates to state office and hold them accountable. In the last two election cycles, more than 80% of our endorsed candidates won their races. As a result of our work over the past four years, we have passed the overwhelming majority of our legislative priorities in 2009 and 2011, leaving a lasting legislative record for the benefit of our state’s environment.
The Nevada Conservation League Education (NCLEF) is our sister organization and works to build the capacity of the environmental community through non-partisan civic engagement and convening a common legislative agenda process. NCLEF has completed more than 200,000 non-partisan voter contacts since 2006, educating Nevadans about the benefits of a cleaner, healthier Nevada and the responsible development of our state’s clean energy resources.
NCL and NCLEF are looking for a Development Coordinator who will be an essential part of the team in reaching our fundraising goal of $500,000 in 2012, while expanding ourcapacity with new donors and deepening our relationship with our current donors.
• Assist and support the Executive Director with day to day operations;
• Support the Executive Director in all aspects of donor relations, including:
-- Develop and implement program to research and identify major donor prospects and to support the Executive Director in cultivation of those donors.
-- Collaborate with Executive Director to design and implement a web and email campaign strategy to attract and retain mid-range to major gift donors.
-- Maintain personalized communications and stewardship, as directed by the Executive Director, with current and prospective donors;
-- Organize micro-fundraising campaigns and volunteer recruitment throughout the year to build membership;
• Along with Executive Director, work with board members to create and implement
individualized fundraising plans annually;
• Schedule and maintain fundraising calendar for Executive Director;
• Schedule in-person donor meetings for Board members;
• Assist with fundraising events throughout Nevada;
• Process contributions, including entry in the donor database, and acknowledgementsin a timely manner;
• Maintain database and prepare reports as needed.
• 2+ years of development or related non-profit or political experience and/or 2+ years working as an executive assistant to a non-profit CEO;
• Proven track record of assisting in securing mid-level and major gifts and cultivating relationships with individual donors and corporate sponsors;
• Excellent phone and written communication skills;
• Self-motivated, self-starter that is efficient and extremely detail-orientated;
• Superb time-management skills;
• Passionate about the protection of our environment;
• Ability to work extended hours, including evenings and weekends on occasion;
• Willing to travel within Nevada and attend trainings in other states;
• Four year college degree preferred.
Salary & Benefits: Mid to High 30’s depending on experience with eligibility for annual performance bonus based on exceeding fund raising milestones, plus excellent, health/dental benefits, and paid time off.
Candidates demonstrating a strong marketing background and keen networking skills, along with experience working with CRM software a plus. A personable, upbeat attitude and a great sense of humor are preferred.
Reports to: Scot Rutledge, Executive Director
Application deadline: February 21, 2011
Submit resume and a cover letter to:
Scot (at) nvgreenvote (dot)com
Subject Line: Development Coordinator Position
The Nevada Conservation League & Education Fund is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women and people of color to apply